Friday, October 17, 2008

Little Chick

My daughter has been asking for awhile now to do a chicken craft...she loves the book "First the Egg" by Laura Vaccaro Seeger so I decided we should start with an egg and work our way up to a chicken!


You will need:
White card stock
Feathers
Yellow paper
Colored pencils
Glue
scissors

1. Cut an oval shape from the yellow paper for the chick body.
2. Using your colored pencils draw his eyes and beak.
3. Color a scrap piece of yellow paper orange (or use orange paper) and cut out two feet. Glue on to bottom of oval.
4. Glue on feathers ... One on each side for his wings and a little one on his head, because it looks cute! I only used the very ends of the feathers since this is a Small chick.
5. Cut out an egg shape (big enough for your chick to fit inside) from the white card stock.
6. Cut egg in half in a zig-zag pattern.
7. Have fun hatching your chick!

Optional:
I glued a scrap of paper to the back of the bottom piece of egg so my chick would actually sit in the egg...Also you could add a brad to one side to make it open and shut (I just couldn't find one)

No comments: