Thursday, October 9, 2008

Freezer Paper Stencils


You Will Need:
Freezer Paper
Scissors or exacto knife
Pencil
Shirt
Fabric paint
Paint brush
Iron
Cardboard
1. Draw your design on the paper side of your freezer paper.
2. Cut out your design to make your stencil.
3. Iron your stencil onto your shirt..shiny side down.
4. Make sure to stick a piece of cardboard inside your shirt so the paint doesn't leak on the back.
5. Paint the desired area with fabric paint. (acrylics also work)
6. Let dry and then peel off the stencil.

2 comments:

emily jean said...

do you think that this would work with two colors of paint? I want to make Thing 1 and Thing 2 costumes for halloween, but that would require white and black paint...

emily jean said...

I tried this for Thing 1 and Thing 2 and it worked really well! I loved this idea!