Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mail Bag

I wanted to make a mail bag for a little boy who has a birthday coming up. The plan was to sew it from scratch but today I found this blue bag at Michaels....It is made out of the same material as reusable shopping bags. I decided to save time and stress that I could just dress this bag up. So I got some ribbon and red felt and got to work. I also made a button of an old Post Office Logo to make it look super offcial :) I hope the little boy will love it, I am filling the inside with real envelopes and paper so he can write lots and lots of letters. I was also thinking of making some felt reusable envelopes for playing pretend.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

What a fun idea! Perfect for kids who love to write and gives them a purpose. Love it!

Elaina said...

Wow very good idea. Don't think I could think of stuff like you can.