Sunday, December 7, 2008

Batik Mitten Ornament


Alli and I joined a kids ornament swap and we decided to make some mitten ornaments. Since we had fun doing Batik in a previous post we started there and made some stripes and polka dots to our fabric with glue. Then Allison painted them and we let them dry. AFter I washed off the glue then I cut them and sewed them to some felt to make them a little thicker. Allison picked out the ribbon to hang them from we had a good time making them and I think they turned out great. I can't wait to see what ornaments we get in the mail.!

4 comments:

darcymae said...

thanks for the comment. we loved your ornament too! it has been fun to see what others came up with and we hope to use those ideas in the future for our own projects.

sorry if i am getting you confused with someone else, but are you the mom that told me you grew up in the tremonton, ut area?

darcymae said...

you said you have grandparents in bear river city? me too! mine are joe and feilila huggins. who are yours? my mom grew up in bear river city and her parents still live there. i am sure they know your grandparents since it is such a small town.

Lisa said...

I love the mitten you sent. It's
very cute.-by Goose

Thanks so much for the batik mitten! Goose and Binky love getting these ornaments in the mail. Hope you are having a lovely holiday!-Lisa

Elaina said...

You are so crafty! Some day I might be LOL!! Thanks for all the ideas and all.